Cresswell began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1972; it is unknown what House he was Sorted into. He joined the Slug Club, an organisation in which Professor Horace Slughorn collected his favourite students for a social hour. Later on, Slughorn described him as a "very gifted student".
After his education, Cresswell began working at the Ministry of Magic as the Head of the Goblin Liaison Office and regularly gave his ex-teacher Professor Slughorn very valuable inside information on the happenings at Gringotts Bank.
Cresswell had a wizard forge a false family tree for him when the Muggle-Born Registration Commission was founded in September of 1997, although Albert Runcorn managed to figure out that it was a forge, and tracked down the wizard responsible. Cresswell was later sentenced to a time in Azkaban, and although most witches and wizards believed he was imprisoned, he had actually escaped due to a Confundus Charm having been placed on Dawlish, who was supposed to bring him there. He escaped, meeting up with goblins Griphook and Gornuk and, later on, Ted Tonks; he spent the last months of his life in the company of the latter two, although they were eventually caught and killed by Snatchers.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ As he was a year after Lily Evans at Hogwarts, he therefore was born a year after her.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Chapter Twenty-Two - The Deathly Hallows)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Chapter Thirteen - The Muggle-Born Registration Commission)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Chapter Four - Horace Slughorn)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Chapter Fifteen - The Goblin's Revenge)