|Harry James Potter|
Harry James Potter (b. 31 July, 1980) is a half-blood wizard and a member of the pure-blood Potter family. He was raised by his Muggle relatives, the Dursleys, after his parents were killed by the dark wizard Lord Voldemort.
Harry James Potter was born on 31 July, 1980 to James and Lily Potter. For his first birthday, his godfather Sirius Black bought him a toy broomstick, which proved to be his favourite gift of all. Although the broom only rose two feet from the ground, he smashed a vase his aunt Petunia had bought James and Lily, and very nearly killed their pet cat. The birthday tea was a very quiet affair with only the Potters and Bathilda Bagshot; Peter Pettigrew, whom Lily had affectionately called "Wormy" in writing to Sirius about it, had stopped by the weekend prior and seemed quite upset.
Harry was often said to have been mistreated by his uncle Vernon and aunt Petunia. While they never starved him, he was not allowed to eat as much as perhaps he should have received, with Dudley taking something if Harry truly wanted it.
On his eleventh birthday, the half-giant Rubeus Hagrid broke down the front door of the shack Harry and his relatives were living in, and informed him of the wizarding world, much to the outrage and chagrin of his aunt and uncle. Hagrid then took Harry to buy his wizarding supplies, including his textbooks, robes and wand.  It was at this time that he learned how little he knew of the wizarding world, and heard about how Lord Voldemort had killed his parents.
In King's Cross, he was helped by Molly Weasley on entering Platform Nine and Three-Quarters. On the train he met Ronald Weasley with the pair becoming fast friends, Draco Malfoy, who he met at Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions and was rejected by Harry, Hermione Granger, who Ron instantly started disliking, and Neville Longbottom, who lost his toad.
Arriving at Hogwarts, he was led by Hagrid and was on the same boat as Ron, Hermione and Neville. When he first saw Professor McGonagall, he knew that he shouldn't cross her. When the Sorting Hat sorted Harry, it said that Harry "would have done well in Slytherin".
Harry was small and skinny, perhaps due to having spent much of his childhood living in a cupboard beneath a staircase. He had bright green eyes and messy, jet-black hair. He wore round glasses that were held together with spellotape due to Dudley having broken them.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Chapter Eight - The Potions Master)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Chapter One - The Worst Birthday)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Chapter Five - Diagon Alley)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Chapter Seven - The Sorting Hat)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Chapter Ten - Kreacher's Tale)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Chapter Four - The Keeper of the Keys)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Chapter Two - The Vanishing Glass)