On 2 November of 1981, Professor McGonagall, using her powers as an Animagus, spent the day as a cat sitting outside of 4 Privet Drive waiting for Professor Albus Dumbledore. She had heard rumours that James and Lily Potter were dead, killed by Lord Voldemort, and affixed Dumbledore with a piercing stare like no other when addressing these rumours. Her voice trembled when she found out, and she was noted to feel the need to dab at her eyes with a lace handkerchief. Despite this, she was not upset enough to prevent herself from quickly shushing Hagrid when he began sobbing at having to leave Harry Potter with Harry's violent and neglectful aunt and uncle.
On 1 September, 1991, McGonagall welcomed the first-year students to Hogwarts and told them to make themselves look presentable while she went to prepare the Sorting Ceremony. She then led them in and explained the Sorting process to them, after which they were put into their respective houses. She spent most of supper talking to Professor Dumbledore, and when he announced that he wanted to sing the school song, her smile became rather forced.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Chapter One - The Boy Who Lived)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Chapter Seven - The Sorting Hat)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Chapter Thirty - The Sacking of Severus Snape)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Chapter Four - The Keeper of the Keys)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Chapter 8 (The Potions Master)