Keeper of Keys and Grounds
Gamekeeper at Hogwarts
- "A giant of a man was standing in the doorway. His face was almost completely hidden by a long, shaggy mane of hair and a wild, tangled beard, but you could make out his eyes, glinting like black beetles under all the hair."
Rubeus Hagrid was the Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He came to the hut on the rock to give Harry Potter his acceptance letter, inviting him to Hogwarts, and later took him to Diagon Alley for his school supplies, where it was revealed that his wand had been snapped after his expulsion from Hogwarts.
Hagrid had a wild, shadowy face hidden by a long, shaggy mane of hair and a tangled beard, although his black beetle eyes, which were usually crinkled in a smile, were visible beneath the hair.
Hagrid's relationship with Vernon, Petunia and Dudley Dursley had already started off on a sour note when he found out they hadn't let Harry Potter read his acceptance letter to Hogwarts. It only worsened when they demanded that he leave, tried to shoot him, told lies about the death of Harry's parents and insulted Albus Dumbledore, who Hagrid deemed the "the greatest headmaster Hogwarts ever had".
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows